Well, the incipient mitten in the original post was actually ripped back to the ribbing because my thrums were way too huge and the mitten was going to be more like a small pillow. But these, since the friend that they’re for has such teeny hands, were really a very small amount of knitting and were finished very quickly anyway. Here are some pictures, which I find quite impressive since my unwilling model only allowed me to take two.

Specs:

Pattern: Basic Mittens from Ann Budd’s the Knitter’s Handy Book of Patterns

Yarn: Mmmmmalabrigo!

Needles: US6 (I think) for ribbing, US8 for mittens

Ravelry: project page here

I’m not sure what the fiber for the thrums was, some wool I found in my stash.


Advertisements